News and Events

Keep up to date with Steve Nurse's designs and 3d printing.

Thursday 25 November 2021

Shredder Switch


 


Hi

There have been a few energy efficiency drives here in Victoria, and one of them has been free replacement of incandescent and flouro lightglobes with light emitting diodes. And our household has been offered that several times but we have declined, but one day I will do the job myself. Anyway I decided to another small energy saving job, and that is to put a switch before the transformer of our paper shredder. In its existing setup the transformer is always powered and warm.

The shredder had already been modified, it used to have a small plastic bucket, but that's been replaced by a large wooden one. There was an old light switch outside and yesterday I bit the bullet and did the mod. It all works ok, I'm happy with it!

Regards


Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment