News and Events

Keep up to date with Steve Nurse's designs and 3d printing.

Sunday 4 August 2019

New printing builds

Open Hexagon Crown and

Another view of it and

A few more patterns I plan to turn into tessilations and roll.
Hi

About a week ago I was fiddling at the kitchen table and put together a few of the 3d printable construction kit parts I designed and made a hexagon ring, then wondered what would happen if I made a ring of these things.  I've done this sort of thing before, and just set the parts aside, waiting for a slow day to do something more with them.

And yesterday was the slow day. As you might be able to see in the design blog pic, my face is a bit blotchy due to treatment for sun damage, so I'm sticking reasonably close to home. Anyway, I fished out enough pieces to make something and put them together last night, and what I came up with was a bit of fun.  Its a fairly rigid, 3 layer ring.  With that working and just about all my triangle bits used I tried flipping a few of the parts and came up with a few new hexagon types. I don't want to muck up what I've already made so have arced up the 3d printer to make more.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment