News and Events

Keep up to date with Steve Nurse's designs and 3d printing.

Thursday 5 January 2023

Buckley's ride preview and training

 

The stats

Rubbish loaded in tailbox


My bike at Deep Rock. I went for a couple of swims here. I think they call it cross-training

Hi

As I have done several times in the last few years. I have signed up for the Audax Buckley's ride which is Round the Bay (Port Phillip Bay) in a Day in Bike Network Parlance.  Last year, my bike broke in the rear frame, but I have finished 2 separate 200k audax rides since then, one to Portsea and return, and one to Anglesea from Werribee and return.

I have been training on the hilly Kew Boulevarde, and consider myself quite well prepared. I am using my Garmin as a basic speedo, trying to keep over 10 kph up the hills, and recording trip length and speed when I can.

Today I was inspired to pick up rubbish by some local cleaner uppers, some of whom swim at Deep Rock, on the nearby Yarra River. I have deducted a minute from today's time for every piece of rubbish I picked up!

The weather is shaping up to be warm for the ride, that is 32 degrees, and in my training I have only just stopped my face from burning by frequent application of sunscreen. I plan to use a buff for the actual ride, I think that's much more robust as sun and dehydration protection. Wish me luck! 

For part 2, click here

Activities on the day before the ride, with Pete and Pete, I.......

fixed bikes like this Giant Liv for refugees at Wecycle.

 

Steve Nurse


No comments:

Post a Comment