News and Events

Keep up to date with Steve Nurse's designs and 3d printing.

Friday 10 September 2021

Tetra Clock

 

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)


Hi

Early this year, I put together a tetrahedron clock (2), and this is discussed here, I made a cube clock (1) at the same. But I didn't bother working out how to make a full dial with 12 numbers for those clocks.  

So somewhere along the way, I decided to fix this, by this time I had made some different varieties of the building-block adapters which turn cd's into polygons. I could apply that tech to the new clock. Instead of using bamboo rods as hinge pins, I am using bicycle spoke parts which don't fall out!  As well I found some themed dvds (The IT Crowd, a show I like)  in a  neighbourhood book swap cabinet. So it all came out very well.

Anyway, here are the IT Crowd themed clocks you can get on Red Bubble.

Materials: Dvd's and data cds, 15 different types of 3d printed parts, bicycle spokes and spoke nipples, elastic hair bands, clock mechanism.

Regards


Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment