News and Events

Keep up to date with Steve Nurse's designs and 3d printing.

Thursday 22 April 2021

Wettie Backpack

 





Hi


In the last few weeks I've been dealing with Ventsit or ACS10 material, and I have also been surfing most weeks. The surfing usually involves a walk to the beach with wetsuit, wax, sunscreen, legrope and board.  At one stage I had a home made surfboard trailer for the trek but I abandoned that for whatever reason. 

But for now, I decided on something different, also to make the trek easier, a wetsuit backpack from the acs10. The material is light and completely immune to water, and I had a few bits spare that had been on recumbent trikes and were now a bit worse for wear.

Making it took about 2 hours and used a 26" bike tube as the strap, which is sewn  / tied to the side of the pack facing my back. I sawed off the valve on the tube before fitting it, and the hole where the valve used to be is covered by a patch. It took about 2 hours to make, and I used it today with success. 

Regards


Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment