News and Events

Keep up to date with Steve Nurse's designs and 3d printing.

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Modular Dice

Discussing Cycling Board games with Alyson.
Deconstrucable dice parts, the "1" side is made into the cube and the 2's, 3's, 4's and 5's are scattered around.
A few of the cubes 

The "1" dice close up.
Cad detail of "6".

Hi

Last Friday, I visited a friend Alyson, and she interviewed me for a chapter of a new edition of my bike book.  We were talking about my cycling board game and the very first version of the game I had envisaged and had a go at making.  This used alternatively numbered dice to give different bike types advantages in different races in a series of 6, where ultimately advantages average out over 6 races. Anyway, the game wasn't silly and given that I've made other game pieces, the whole concept seems worth pursuing again.

So anyway, here is the deconstructable dice I made when I got home. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and when I get time (I have some study and a few other projects on) will incorporate the dice into a game,

If a regular dice is an atom, then this is muons and quarks. Or maybe just not-so-sexy protons and electrons. Interested to hear your comments, regards

26/12/2019: Update, I have put the files on thingiverse.  Eventually I will write them into a cycling boardgame. Here is the link

Steve Nurse


No comments:

Post a Comment